It has been an absolute pleasure photographing these beautiful puppies and trying to capture their unique personalities. However, it was a challenge as they run in every direction very quickly, collide like bumper cars and stay in one place momentarily. Technically, for most photographs, I did use a high shutter speed to freeze the action and an F-stop at 5.6 or lower to blur the background. Also, I tried to stay as low to the ground as possible to be eye level with their eyes. A few times, I sat on the ground to be eye-level with them. However, within moments, I had one playing tug-of-war with my shoe lace; one eating the lace on my shorts; one pulling at my tee-shirt; one grabbing my camera strap – and one or two just jumping in my lap. At any rate, I hope that photographs have provided you with some entertainment during your day. Most importantly, I hope that they have reminded you of the joy of childhood. For me, the experience has also been introspective as I was inspired to ask myself the following questions…
- Do you remember playing?
- Do you remember being spontaneous?
- Do you remember life without responsibility?
- Do you remember life without meetings?
- Do you remember the joy of movement?
- Do you remember “being ” without the perception of judgment?
- Do you remember the memories of family?
- Do you remember curiosity?
Thank you, sweet puppies. I wish you all a great life in your new homes with many blessings.